Frequently Asked Questions
How long do items from the Ada Community Libraries check out?
- 4 weeks (28 days):
- 2 weeks (14 days):
TV series and non-fiction DVDs
- 1 week (7 days):
Items from other libraries sometimes check out for different lengths of time, so visit My Account or your due date receipt for those items.
How do I get a library card?
- Visit any Ada Community Library location.
- Show a photo ID and proof of your current address.
If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian will need to be present to approve your application and show photo identification and proof of current address.
How do I renew my checked out items?
- By Internet:
One renewal may be granted by going into My Account from the Library Catalog and entering your library card number and your PIN (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number). Once your information is displayed choose Checkouts. Select/highlight the item(s) you want to renew and click on the Renew button.
- By TeleCirc:
384-4450 (through Boise Public Library) contacts the 24 hour automated system - enter your library barcode and PIN, then follow the instructions.
- In Person:
At any LYNX! Consortium library. Interlibrary loans may be renewed if approved by the lending library.
To request a renewal for an interlibrary loan, call 208-297-6700 before the designated due date.
What are the fines for overdue materials?
- The overdue fine for most of our items is 25¢ a day. Overdue fines for movies are $1.00 a day. (Items checked out from other libraries might have different overdue fine rates.) The maximum overdue fine any item can accrue is $10.00.
- If your fines are less than $10, you can still use your card to check out.
- If your fines are $10 or more, you will not be able to check out any new materials until your fines are paid.