VICTORY BRANCH MANAGER-ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
The Victory Branch Library is the main branch of four in the Ada Community Library system. It experiences a high volume of usage by all ages, conducts between 500-600 programs and circulates on average 350,000 items annually. The Victory Branch has 14 FTE, 31 public internet terminals, and a collection of approximately 125,000 items. Ada Community Library, an independent taxing district, is a member of the LYNX! Consortium made up of eleven libraries located in southwest and south central Idaho operating a SirsiDynix Horizon ILS.
This full time, exempt position: Manages staff in all functions and activities of the branch in accordance with the Ada Community Library mission, budget, policies and procedures; Leads a staff team in implementation of services and engages in direct contact with patrons of all ages by performing a variety of customer service duties including circulation, reference, reader’s advisory and programming; Works closely with the administrative team to identify and meet goals; Assumes responsibility for, administration of, and speaks on behalf of, the library in the director’s absence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS – Fundamental Position Duties:
- Develop, implement, maintain and monitor operating procedures and practices to insure efficient and effective service, safe operation and maximum utilization of the library facility, equipment, and collection.
- Collaborate with administrative team to identify and respond to staff and community needs and innovate.
- Conduct hiring, training, scheduling and daily supervision of employees. Provides ongoing guidance to enhance their performance and maintain positive relations.
- Lead staff in initiating, developing and maintaining positive community relations in-house and via outreach, working with community institutions and groups.
- Ensure and/or provide prompt and effective circulation, reference information and reader’s advisory services to all ages. Plan, present and/or supervise children’s, teen and adult library programs, including story hours, library resource instruction and library orientation tours.
- Participate in evening and weekend schedule rotation.
- Compile statistics for the branch. Works with administrative team on budget, policies and planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS – Experience, Education and Special Skills:
- Accredited MLS/MLIS or equivalent education and experience
- Three to five years of progressively responsible library experience; at least two in a supervisory role
- Strong service orientation and a passion for excellent customer service demonstrated by past successes
- Knowledge of public library policies and procedures
- Experience in circulation, reference services, collection development, youth programming, & information literacy
- Proficient in MS Office products, experience with social media, and familiarity with Google docs/sites
- Experience working independently and with a team; superior communication skills
- Leadership characteristics including initiative, innovative and visionary thinking, adaptability, building strategic relationships, collaborative problem solving, sound judgment, and positive modeling behaviors
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
QUALIFICATIONS OF A SUPERIOR CANDIDATE:
- Experience managing a branch library
- Experience with SirsiDynix Horizon
STARTING SALARY: $46,800 (SALARY RANGE: $46,800-$72,176 – currently under board review)
Ada Community Library applications may be obtained in person at any branch or Download an application form (PDF). Send completed application, resume and cover letter to: Mary DeWalt, Library Director, Ada Community Library, 10664 W. Victory Rd. Boise, ID 83709 or submit electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review begins August 27th 2014. Position open until filled.