* JOB OPENING *
Star Branch Library – Page Position
10706 W. State Street, Star ID 83669
HOURS: 9-12 hours per week; Wednesday through Friday, some Sats.
Responsible for shelving library materials and maintaining accuracy of item placement on the shelves; performs a variety of routine clerical tasks; performs related work as required.
Examples of Job Duties:
- Shelve books and other library materials
- Shelf-read collection on an ongoing basis.
- Bring in books from the outside book drop.
- Routine clerical tasks as necessary/assigned.
- Monitor library for misplaced books/trash, and general clean up of children’s area.
- Following closing procedures as necessary/assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age and presently attending or a graduate of high school or equivalent program.
- Ability to compare names and numbers quickly and accurately.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to provide effective, pleasant customer referrals to reference or circulation staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to push heavy carts and access high and low shelves.
- Ability to work some Saturdays and weekday evenings.
Beginning Salary: $ 7.72 per hour
Application forms are available at the front desk, or Download an application form (PDF). Return completed forms to the front desk.
Review of applications begins on July 5, 2016. For more information please contact Joy Lear, Manager, Star Branch Library at 286-9755 or email email@example.com.
Position open until filled