Ada Community Library Victory Branch
This is a 40 hour position with benefits
Create and maintain positive public relations with patrons, community members, and staff. Provide children’s programming, reference/readers advisory, technology assistance, collection development, and circulation duties. This position reports to the Victory Branch Manager and serves as Librarian-in- charge in Branch Manager’s absence.
- Coordinates and implements programming for all ages with an emphasis on birth through grade eight.
- Provides exemplary customer service in locating information, answering reference/readers advisory inquiries and guiding patrons in the use of library resources.
- Provides instruction and assistance to patrons in computer use.
- Explains library policies and procedures to patrons and resolves problems.
- Performs collection development duties.
- Maintains an active working relationship with other libraries, the educational community, social services agencies, and recreational institutions within the community.
- Represents the library at related library, consortium and community meetings and events.
- Participates in evening and weekend work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements-experience, education and special skills:
- MLS or MLIS or equivalent education and experience in a public library
- Leadership characteristics including initiative, innovative and visionary thinking
- Good communication and conflict management skills, demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, self-directed, and able to effectively multi-task and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and competency with computers, file management, basic troubleshooting, Gmail, Google docs, Microsoft Office programs, internet and database searching, and online library catalog software. Comfort with technology and frequent changes/updates in hardware/software.
- Knowledge of literature and library resources.
- Creativity, enthusiasm and a sense of humor
- Interest in and familiarity with children’s programming along with a desire to work with all ages.
- Ability to bend, lift up to 50 lbs, and perform the physical demands of the position.
Qualifications of a Superior Candidate:
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of children’s literature, child development and learning behaviors, and trends in early literacy practices and education.
- Competency with Polaris ILS and knowledge of Libraries Linking Idaho (LiLI) databases
$18/hr plus benefits
Applications are available at the Ada Community Library, Victory Branch, 10664 W Victory Road, Boise, ID 83709 or download an application form (PDF). Position open until filled. Review of applications will begin October 31st.
Send completed application and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred)
Associate Director/Victory Branch Manager