16-19 HRS/WK : two evenings till 7 pm; alternating Fridays/Saturdays 8:30-5pm .
Provide positive public relations and an attitude of friendliness and helpfulness to library patrons while performing circulation and general information duties.
- Provide basic service to patrons, in person and over the phone, in locating and retrieving materials and informing patrons of library services
- Register patrons and update and maintain patron records
- Check materials in/out for patrons using the HORIZON computer system
- Place, process and maintain hold requests
- Collect fines and other charges, and investigate and follow-up on problems
- Use PC programs such as WORD and EXCEL.
- Provide basic reference service and instruction on using computers and programs, including E-books and E-audio books.
- May assist in programming for all ages, and in creating and maintaining library displays
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS (experience, education, and special skills):
- Above average verbal and written communication skills, tact, and friendliness
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail, amid continual interruptions
- Self-starter that can work well both independently and in a team environment
- Establish and maintain good working relations with coworkers
- Ability to check-in and check-out library materials using an automated circulation system
- Bending, lifting and standing for extended periods of time
- PC proficiency (Windows operating system, computer basics, basic computer troubleshooting, email accounts, and Microsoft Office programs)
- Work evenings and some Saturdays
QUALIFICATIONS OF A SUPERIOR CANDIDATE:
- Library experience
- Public service experience with demonstrated enthusiasm and friendliness
- HORIZON, PC, and Internet and database searching experience and knowledge
- Some college courses
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred
- $10.08/hr, no benefits
Position open until filled. Application review starts June 25, 2013. Applications available at the Star Branch Library and other branches of the Ada Community Library, or download an application form (PDF). Contact Joy Lear at the Star Branch Library, 10706 W. State St, Star, ID 83669, or email at email@example.com, or phone 286-9755 ext. 7 if you need additional information or have any questions.