Board Meeting Minutes | September 2012
ADA COMMUNITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Ada Community Library Board of Trustees held its monthly board meeting on September 18, 2012, at the Star branch. Board members present were Carol Mills, Jason Meyers, Steven Ricks, Anita Lochner and Julie Oberle. Staff members present were Mary DeWalt, Joy Lear and Martha Beller.
- MONTHLY MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES IS CALLED TO ORDER.
Carol Mills called the meeting to order at 4:20pm.
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Changes or additions to the agenda.
- The minutes of the August 28, 2012 monthly meeting and public hearing were presented.
- The Financial statements for August 2012 were presented.
Jason Meyers moved to accept the consent agenda, Julie Oberle seconded, the motion carried.
- DIRECTOR’S REPORT, CORRESPONDENCE AND PUBLIC COMMENT
The board briefly discussed the report and various correspondence.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- FY13 Budget Adjustment The board discussed the adjustment to the FY13 budget, Jason Meyers moved to accept the amended budget, Julie Oberle seconded, the motion carried.
- Surveillance policy and procedure The board discussed the draft, making several small changes, Steven Ricks moved to approve the amended policy, Anita Lochner seconded, the motion carried.
- Patron rights and responsibilities policy Postponed until next month’s meeting.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Other The board discussed an amendment to the continuing education policy, Jason Meyers moved to approve the amendment, Julie Oberle seconded, the motion carried.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING AND ADJOURNMENT
The next monthly meeting will be held at the Lake Hazel Branch on October 16, 2012 at 4:15pm. Carol Mills moved to adjourn the meeting, Steven Ricks seconded, the meeting adjourned at 5:30pm