Board Meeting Minutes | August 2013
ADA COMMUNITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Ada Community Library Board of Trustees held its monthly board meeting on August 27, 2013 at the Lake Hazel branch. Board members present were Steven Ricks, Anita Lochner, Julie Oberle, Jason Meyers and Carol Mills. Staff members present were Mary DeWalt, Martha Beller, Joy Lear and Anna Langrill.
- MONTHLY MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES IS CALLED TO ORDER.
Carol Mills called the meeting to order at 5:30 pm.
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Changes or additions to the agenda.
- The minutes of the July 16, 2013 monthly meeting were presented.
- The Financial statements for July 2013 were presented.
JM moved to accept the consent agenda, AL seconded, the motion carried.
- DIRECTOR’S REPORT, CORRESPONDENCE AND PUBLIC COMMENT
The board briefly discussed the report.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Hidden Springs Branch Status The new building is still on schedule.
- FY14 Budget Presentation and Discussion The budget was presented and discussed.
The board discussed Christmas Eve closing hours. CM moved to amend the schedule to close at 3pm, JM seconded, the motion carried.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Security Systems
The board discussed security gates at the LH library.
- Audit-Letter of Proposal
The board was presented with the FY13 audit proposal letter. After a brief discussion, JM moved to accept the proposal, JO seconded, the motion carried.
Lake Hazel was approached to be a polling place for Ada County, after a brief discussion, JO moved to allow LH to be a polling place, JM seconded, the motion carried.
- Security Systems
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING AND ADJOURNMENT
The next monthly meeting will be held at the Star Branch on September 17, 2013 at 4:15 pm. JO moved to adjourn the meeting, JM seconded, the meeting adjourned at 7:00 pm.
The Budget Hearing was called to order at 7:00pm. After a brief discussion of the proposed budget, JO moved to accept the FY14 budget as presented, JM seconded, the motion carried. SR moved to adjourn the meeting, JM seconded, the meeting was adjourned at 7:15pm.