Board Meeting Minutes | November 2013
ADA COMMUNITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Ada Community Library Board of Trustees held its monthly board meeting on November 20, 2013 at the Victory branch. Board members present were Carol Mills, Jason Meyers, Julie Oberle, Steven Ricks, and Anita Lochner. Staff members present were Mary DeWalt and Martha Beller and Joy Lear & Travis Porter.
- MONTHLY MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES IS CALLED TO ORDER.
Carol Mills called the meeting to order at 4:20 pm.
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Changes or additions to the agenda.
- The minutes of the October monthly meeting were presented.
- The Financial statements for October 2013 were presented.
CM moved to accept the consent agenda, JO seconded, the motion carried.
- DIRECTOR’S REPORT, CORRESPONDENCE AND PUBLIC COMMENT
The board briefly discussed the report.
- QUARTERLY REPORTS
No Reports for this meeting.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Hidden Springs Branch Ground has been broken on the building. Completion set for April 2014.
- Library Policy Revisions Patron Rights and Responsibilities policy was amended to include E-cigarettes and vapor devices.
After a short discussion, SR moved to accept the policy as amended, JO seconded, the motion carried. Program Development Policy was amended to clarify certain issues, SR moved to accept the changes, JO seconded, the motion carried.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Annual Report and Summer Reading Data The Director presented a draft copy of the FY2013 report. Summer reading stats were discussed.
- Open Access The Board discussed the 2013 Open Access payment to GCPL.
- ACL’s Silver Anniversary Several ideas for the 25th anniversary were discussed.
The board was presented with a memo to reallocate funds from one budget line item to another, $911.50 from collections expense to grant expense. JO moved to approve the reallocation, JM seconded, the motion carried.
The board discussed the company credit card reward points and how to spend them.
The board discussed several small issues regarding personnel policies.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING AND ADJOURNMENT
The next monthly meeting will be held at the Lake Hazel Branch on January 21st at pm. JM moved to adjourn the meeting, CM seconded, the meeting adjourned at 5:35 pm.