Board Meeting Minutes | January 2014
ADA COMMUNITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Ada Community Library Board of Trustees held its monthly board meeting on January 21, 2014 at the Lake Hazel branch. Board members present were Carol Mills, Julie Oberle, and Steven Ricks. Staff members present were Mary DeWalt, Martha Beller and Anna Langrill.
- MONTHLY MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES IS CALLED TO ORDER.
Carol Mills called the meeting to order at 4:20 pm.
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Changes or additions to the agenda.
- The minutes of the November 2013 monthly meeting were presented.
- The Financial statements for November and December were presented.
CM moved to accept the consent agenda, JO seconded, the motion carried.
- DIRECTOR’S REPORT, CORRESPONDENCE AND PUBLIC COMMENT
The board briefly discussed the report.
- QUARTERLY REPORTS
Reports for circulation and each of the four branches were presented and discussed.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Hidden Springs Branch Building is progressing
- Library Policy Revisions
- Winter weather policy was discussed, after further revision, JO moved to approve the revised policy, SR seconded, the motion carried.
- Gifts/donation guidelines: the board discussed the new guidelines, and made several small changes, SR moved to approve the amended policy, JO seconded, the motion carried.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Annual report to State The board reviewed the annual statistics
- FY13 Audit results After a brief discussion, SR moved to accept the audited financials, JO seconded, the motion carried.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING AND ADJOURNMENT
The next monthly meeting will be held at the Lake Hazel Branch on February 18 2014 at 4:15pm. JO moved to adjourn the meeting, CM seconded, the meeting adjourned at 5:18 pm.