Book A Meeting Space
It is the policy of the Ada Community Library that the conference and study rooms at the Library are available free of charge to any individual or group of citizens with the following understanding:
- Library sponsored activities are given priority in scheduling the use of the rooms at all times. Groups are welcome to schedule up to three months in advance but if a pressing library need arises, the group may be asked to reschedule with as much notice given as possible.
- The conference and study rooms are available free of charge for public gatherings. The rooms are not available for commercial groups/individuals, or for money-raising purposes, with the exception of the Friends of the Library events. Meetings in the conference room must be open to the public. Meetings of a closed, personal, or private nature may be scheduled at the discretion of the Library Director if the conference room is available. Other areas of the Library may be available for meetings with approval from the Library Director.
- Groups are responsible for arranging the room as needed for their meeting and clearing at meeting’s end. Groups may post temporary signs to direct their group members to the meeting area.
- Meetings are to be scheduled during normal library open hours and must be concluded with room cleaned and vacated by the end of reservation time or 15 minutes prior to library closing time.
- Reservations must be made for using the conference room. The reservation request form must include the name of the organization, time period desired, number of persons expected, name and contact information of the adult responsible, topic or nature of the meeting, and requested equipment. It is understood that inquiries concerning the meeting in question may be referred to the person signing the room reservation form for the organization. Multiple date requests will be reviewed by staff and accommodated based on availability. Requests for more than four dates in any quarter must be approved by the Library Director. Study rooms are intended for non-profit or educational-purposed use and may be reserved on a same-day or week-to-week basis.
- In compliance with Idaho state law, smoking is not allowed in the conference room, study room or in any other areas of the Library including alcoves, foyers and patio. Alcoholic beverages may not be served. If refreshments are served, due care and consideration must be given to the preservation of the library carpet and furnishings. Each group shall be responsible for providing serving equipment and for cleaning up meeting area after use.
- Cleaning costs necessitated by the use of the room and/or damage to any equipment in the room will be the responsibility of the adult in charge of the group using the room. A cleaning and damage deposit may be required of groups at the Library Director’s discretion.
- Exceptions to any of these policies must be approved by the Library Director. This statement of policy may be amended at any time by the Board of Trustees of the Ada Community Library.
The use of the meeting rooms does not imply endorsement of the beliefs of that group by the Library.
All publicity relating to any program/meeting held in a library meeting room shall be cleared with the Library prior to release.
Approved by the Board of Trustees August 23, 1995
Revised and approved by the Board of Trustees January 20, 2004
Revised and approved by the Board of Trustees January 20 and April 21, 2009
If you wish to reserve the conference room, please fill out and submit the form below. We will call you at the phone number you provide to confirm your request. The conference room is not reserved until you have received a confirmation phone call from the library. If you have any questions, please call us at (208) 362-0181.