Make IT at the ACL Victory Branch
Ada Community Libraries are proud to be a part of a pilot project of the Idaho Commission for Libraries to create MakerSpaces in Idaho public libraries. We call it our Make IT space. To find out more about Make IT spaces in Idaho, please visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/MakeItIdaho.
We are looking for some great people to help put on some Maker programs! If you may be interested in donating your time, knowledge, and enthusiasm - please check out our Volunteer Match listing!
Our indoor Make IT space is located on the lower level of the Victory Branch and is open and available for making any time when we aren't holding a library program in the space. We're starting with open Lego and block building and will expand to provide other maker opportunities as the space develops. We also have created some new weekly Maker programs including:
- Homeschool Makeiteers, Mondays, 1:30 p.m.
- Adult/Family Makeiteers, Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m.
- SMART (Science + Math + Art) Crafts , Thursdays, 4:30 p.m.
- 3D Printing Club, Thursdays, 4:30 p.m.
- Minecrafters Club, Fridays, 4:00 p.m.
- Make IT Free Builds, Saturdays, 2:00 p.m.
- Family Make IT Day, Saturday, February 1, 1-3 p.m.
Starting this summer, we're also creating a space out on our lovely patio dedicated to both Maker projects and outdoor learning opportunities. It's also just a great place to sit and read a library book!
Come spend some time in the Make IT space and let us know how it can be improved!
For more on the Maker movement, check out these links: