Make IT at the ACL Victory Branch
Ada Community Libraries are proud to be a part of a pilot project of the Idaho Commission for Libraries to create MakerSpaces in Idaho public libraries. We call it our Make IT space. To find out more about Make IT spaces in Idaho, please visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/MakeItIdaho.
We are looking for some great people to help put on some Maker programs! If you may be interested in donating your time, knowledge, and enthusiasm - please check out our Volunteer Match listing!
Our Make IT space is located on the lower level of the Victory Branch and is open and available for making any time when we aren't holding a library program in the space.
Make IT Space Materials List
- Lego Blocks
- Keva Building Planks
- Straws & Connectors
- Yarn Arts
- Craft Supplies
- Fischertecknik/PCS Eventures Engineering Kits
- Fischertecknik/PCS Eventures PCS Robotics Kits
- Lego Mindstorms NXT
- Soldiering Equipment
- Arduino Board
- Makey Makey Kit
- Sewing Machine
- Tool Sets
- 3-D Printer (currently used only for programming but will be available for public use in Fall 2014)
.We also have weekly Maker programs including:
- SMART (Science, Math, & Arts) Crafts, Ages 5-10, Wednesdays, 2:00 p.m.
- Makeiteers, Ages 8 and up, Fridays, 2:00 p.m.
Come spend some time in the Make IT space and let us know how it can be improved!
For more on the Maker movement, check out these links:
- DIY - http://diy.org
- Instructables - http://www.instructables.com
- MAKE Magazine - http://makezine.com
- Caine's Arcade - http://cainesarcade.com/
- Make IT Idaho - http://libraries.idaho.gov/page/make-it-library-where-idaho-makers-meet