Frequently Asked Questions
How long do items from the Ada Community Libraries check out?
- 4 weeks (28 days):
- 2 weeks (14 days):
TV series and non-fiction DVDs
- 1 week (7 days):
Items from other libraries sometimes check out for different lengths of time, so visit My Account or your due date receipt for those items.
How do I get a library card?
- Visit any Ada Community Library location.
- Show a photo ID and proof of your current address.
If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian will need to be present to approve your application and show photo identification and proof of current address.
How do I renew my checked out items?
- By Internet:
One renewal may be granted by going into My Account from the Library Catalog and entering your library card number and your PIN (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number). Once your information is displayed choose Checkouts. Select/highlight the item(s) you want to renew and click on the Renew button.
- By TeleCirc:
384-4450 (through Boise Public Library) contacts the 24 hour automated system - enter your library barcode and PIN, then follow the instructions.
- In Person:
At any LYNX! Consortium library. Interlibrary loans may be renewed if approved by the lending library.
To request a renewal for an interlibrary loan, call 208-297-6700 before the designated due date.
What are the fines for overdue materials?
- The overdue fine for most of our items is 25¢ a day. Overdue fines for movies are $1.00 a day. (Items checked out from other libraries might have different overdue fine rates.) The maximum overdue fine any item can accrue is $10.00.
- If your fines are less than $10, you can still use your card to check out.
- If your fines are $10 or more, you will not be able to check out any new materials until your fines are paid.
Does Ada Community Library staff administer proctored exams?
We do not administer proctored exams. However, check with a local college or university testing center. Some offer this service for a fee.